Monday, October 25, 2010

Re: My world crumbled a bit today

So, I wanted to scan and post the letter that I received from Lindt but of course I can't find it.

  About 5 days after I sent them the note, you can find it below, we were about to leave for dinner with Kathryn when there was a knock at the door.  The UPS guy was standing there with a box... for me... unexpectedly! The best presents are completely unexpected.  So I opened it up and there was a lovely letter, very clearly referencing my note to the Lindt customer service, apologizing for changing the recipe for the 70% Excellence but assuring me that their research with consumers shows that the general population prefers the new recipe.  There were also two chocolate bars, a 85% and a 90%, full size, no snarky little snack size.  A lovely sentiment.
  I like Lindt, I understand they're a business... but I'm gonna stop buying their Excellence bars cause the 85% is too bitter for me to snack on regularly, at least by itself.  I admit I am not a member of the general population, I'm picky, I speak up, and I like what I like.  I don't like the new Excellence 70% recipe, I will stop eating Lindt regularly as soon as my supply has dwindled to nothing.  I'm considering applying for a local specialty chocolate store, don't even know if they're hiring.
  But... Lindt seems to be a very nice company and their customer service is a delight.
Thanks for the years.

No comments:

Post a Comment